Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,alt.home.repair

Default A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On 06/21/2015 04:27 PM, Tomas wrote:

[snip]

"The truth is that, at first, it will be hard, and you will encounter
many issues. Prepare to search the Internet for many tutorials, join
forums of the Linux distribution you're migrating to and ask
questions on how to do various things. My suggestion is to install
Linux on a different computer, or use a dual-boot setup - though many
will encounter issues with that - and access it from time to time,
1-2 hours per day, and after a few months, you will know if you can
really make the switch."

I did have one problem with dual boot (this was on a BIOS system, not
UEFI). In this case, it seemed to be Windows at fault. Some Windows
programs write over the disk boot track, where GRUB is installed.

I can't prove it, but strongly suspect some program's anti-usability
feature ("product activation").

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do
than in what we are free not to do." -- Eric Hoffer