Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,alt.home.repair
Jason C. McDonald Jason C. McDonald is offline

Default A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On 06/21/2015 02:27 PM, Tomas wrote:
A couple of hours a day and after a few months?
Is he ****ing kidding?
Most people don't last a day with Linux after trying it.
Linux is that bad.

It really depends on the distro and the person. I played with Ubuntu
several years ago, and wound up switching to it full time because I
hated Windows. That said, I install Linux for people who cannot figure
out Window - as in total computer illiterate. I always give them my card
and full permission to call me if they can't figure something out.

So far, I've only ever had three calls, and they were always "Oh!
Nevermind, I figured it out myself" when I call back.

It's different for everyone. Most of these people wind up telling me how
much they LOVE Ubuntu and can't imagine ever using Windows again. I've
even overheard them recommending it to other friends.

No operating system is everything to everyone, nor ever will be. But for
me and many people, tech and total-non tech, Linux is a heckovalot
better than Windows for our use. (And, by the way, I do some pretty
heavy-duty production stuff on this tux box.)

--
The number of ways in which code can be potentially screwed up is
theoretically infinite.