Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy[_35_] Andy[_35_] is offline

Default Gas grill rebuild

On Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 11:32:15 AM UTC-5, Andy wrote:
On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 7:42:06 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/17/2015 11:35 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I had a weber, bought long time ago. It lasted
a long time, 10+ years When it finally went, I decided to try replacing
it with one that cost less than half what a Weber would have
cost. It's a Charmglow or Charmbroil, can't remember which. The
theory was that if it lasts even half as long, then maybe it's
a better value, you get a new grill sooner, etc. Well, it only
lasted about 3 years before the burners and bars were shot. Even
worse, and what I wasn't expecting, the heat distribution was very
uneven. Weber was very uniform. So, bottom line is I think Weber
is worth the higher price. But then I haven't bought one recently,
so IDK if the Weber today is the same quality as ones from the past.
Anyone have recent experience?

Went through a few grills and finally bought a Vermont Castings and it
was great. Until it rusted out at all the bolt holes in the porcelain
coated parts.

Four years ago I bought a Weber Summit, stainless steel. Great so far.
Wish I bought a Weber years ago.

I bought it from East Coast TV in New Jersey. It was $400 cheaper
(delivered) than any of the local stores.
http://www.eastcoasttvs.com/Weber-BB...-p/7170001.htm
Amazon has it too, as well as others.

I replaced a burner.

But when lit, only the front 1/2 of the burner lights unless I manually light the back half.

What does the screen do in the front ?

I noticed that it can be adjusted to let in more air.

I have it set halfway open.

Would closing it force more gas to the back of the burner ?

Andy

Answer was to adjust the air shutter. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z78D0K88fA