Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Kodak ESP 5210 printer scanner copier and perhaps fax, inever tried faxing with it

Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 06/17/2015 01:15 PM, bob haller wrote:

[snip]

Or, how about an ethernet cable? It's a lot simpler and more reliable.
No SSID, WPA, WPS, etc... to get right.

Bingo. +1

I started with a cable and never set-up WiFi for printing.

my GF has a laptop so the wi fi is really useful

It often is, and I have no objection to WiFi where you need it. I'm just
against it for a fixed installation, like a desktop or printer that's
seldom if ever moved.

BTW, I have a Epson printer (all-in-one inkjet). It has WiFi which has
never been used.

WiFi connection enables all users on the network share the printer.
Actually it is WiFi network printer. Ethernet connection will do same.
USB connected printer can be shared too but the PC it connects to has to
stay powered up to do that. This particular Kodak seems to have WiFi or
USB connection only. Now new printers are Airprint capable, Apple iOS
can use it easily. We're more and more wireless dependent every day.