Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kodak ESP 5210 printer scanner copier and perhaps fax, i nevertried faxing with it

On 06/17/2015 01:54 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 11:15:26 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

I started with a cable and never set-up WiFi for printing.

my GF has a laptop so the wi fi is really useful

I can appreciate that need. If I set up our Kodak printer as WiFi I
could print stuff wireless.. I normally just print from her machine
or send her text to print. Not very often I need something printed.

Girls sure do print a lot of stuff

In suppose you know that most networks use a switch and/or WiFi access
point (usually physically pare of a router). The connections are
laptop-router and router-printer (not directly laptop-printer). The
laptop connection being WiFi has nothing to do with the printer connection.

BTW, now I am typing this on a laptop with a WiFi connection (it's one
of those thin laptops with no wired ethernet). I frequently print to a
network printer that has only a wired connection.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it." [Oscar
Wilde]