Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Kodak ESP 5210 printer scanner copier and perhaps fax, inever tried faxing with it

bob haller wrote:
On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 1:30:35 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 12:22:51 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 06/16/2015 07:01 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

[snip]

Have a user manual? No? Download it or read the PDF.
Did you go thru set up? Like security passphrase, etc. Printer
is seeing the WiFi signal but you did not finish set up to
connect. Are you using WiFi router? What is the SSID? Printer sees
it? Then initiate connection routine to that SSID answering questions it
is asking, like WPA2, then passphrase, etc. Or if know how to do WPS,
and if the router and printer has WPS buttons, it makes things simple.
You push WPS button on the router, then push the same on the printer.
Otherwise you have to manually set up. I'd give the printer a fixed IP
address. Some routers like Netgear has software WPS button others like
Linksys(Belkin) has a real button. I never owned a Kodak printer.

Or, how about an ethernet cable? It's a lot simpler and more reliable.
No SSID, WPA, WPS, etc... to get right.

Bingo. +1

I started with a cable and never set-up WiFi for printing.

my GF has a laptop so the wi fi is really useful

Hi,
You can't connect the printer directly to WiFi card, you connect it
to your home network via WiFi router. If you don't have a network,
use USB connection.