Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_23_] Frank[_23_] is offline

Default Gas grill rebuild

On 6/17/2015 11:11 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jun 2015 17:35:55 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

The flames coming out of the burners are uneven, so I think they need to be replaced.

Inspect the burners for crud over the holes. Clear them using a stiff
wire or a drill bit of the proper size.

When I bought my Jeen-Air grill 10 years ago, I followed some tips
from an article. Take a magnet when you shop. It won't stick to
quality stainless steel grates, cabinet or brass (no rusting out)
burners.

I clean mine with a power washer with grates and burners removed.

My first gas grill with an aluminum body must have lasted 30 years
through numerous change of burners and grates. Iron parts like legs
finally rusted out and I scraped it.

New grill also has an aluminum body and I figure it will outlive me.