Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Gas grill rebuild

On 2015-06-17, trader_4 wrote:

Also, the talk about lave rocks got me thinking. If you have
a grill where the heat is uneven, I wonder if using rocks would
even it out?

It did, in my case. This on an old '80s Char-Broil (is the name yer
looking for) w/ lava rocks and a single long burner. We currently
have a steel drum converted to an old style grill. Has some rocks,
but not enough, which is the reason I was asking about them. Since
no-one is still making lava rock grills, no longer see bags o' rocks
on the grilling accessories shelf.

And while BK isn't my typical choice for a burger, I have to say
that there burgers do have a taste like they came off a charcoal
grill.

While they may taste good, I suspect the burger meat is less than top
shelf. We usta get a Whopper Jr fer $1!. Came with real lettuce,
real onion, and real tomato. Problems was, I got annoying indigestion
within minutes of eating one. Finally, the price of a Jr went up to
about $2.50 and then our local BK jes up and closed. According to the
small local paper, the owner jes got tired of the entire mess and let
his permit(?) expire. We lost our only KFC/TB franchise the same
Summer (last). So much for the allegedly rebounding economy.

nb