Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Kodak ESP 5210 printer scanner copier and perhaps fax, i never tried faxing with it

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 08:36:59 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 11:00:56 AM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:
On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 9:51:51 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 7:46:06 PM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:

Logic tells me you may have a short on the control panel board.
Unplug it and work/tap every button on the panel and try again.
I am never going back to inkjet printer. Love multi function color
laser printer.

thanks i worked over the control panel, blew the dust out with a compressor. and cleaned the unit completely.

the unit says its connected by wi fi but it wouldnt print.

so i am still troubleshooting that......

the wierd push any button unit powers off problem is gone

It should have a self test, print a page test that can be
activated by pushing some combination of buttons, printers
typically do.

self test prints a nice test sheet

havent had time to troubleshoot the wouldnt print issue from the computer

Well, that's good news. It's very likely the remaining issue
is just getting it setup with the PC.

....and check the web site for newer software and driver. My Kodak
needed a flash fix on a chip. When a print head when out after
warranty, customer service sent me one free of any charge, though out
of warranty. ISTR Kodak no longer makes printers.