Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Kodak ESP 5210 printer scanner copier and perhaps fax, inever tried faxing with it

bob haller wrote:

Logic tells me you may have a short on the control panel board.
Unplug it and work/tap every button on the panel and try again.
I am never going back to inkjet printer. Love multi function color
laser printer.

thanks i worked over the control panel, blew the dust out with a compressor. and cleaned the unit completely.

the unit says its connected by wi fi but it wouldnt print.

so i am still troubleshooting that......

the wierd push any button unit powers off problem is gone

Have a user manual? No? Download it or read the PDF.
Did you go thru set up? Like security passphrase, etc. Printer
is seeing the WiFi signal but you did not finish set up to
connect. Are you using WiFi router? What is the SSID? Printer sees
it? Then initiate connection routine to that SSID answering questions it
is asking, like WPA2, then passphrase, etc. Or if know how to do WPS,
and if the router and printer has WPS buttons, it makes things simple.
You push WPS button on the router, then push the same on the printer.
Otherwise you have to manually set up. I'd give the printer a fixed IP
address. Some routers like Netgear has software WPS button others like
Linksys(Belkin) has a real button. I never owned a Kodak printer.
If it is really connected did you try to (test)print? What does printer
queue say? My WiFi laser printer is always in sleep, as soon as printer
queue has something print, it wakes up, print, goes back to sleep. Never
goes off line. If you need any more info/help just let me know.