Philip Gardner

Default Scart

John john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom wrote:
I have been asked if it is possible to connect a DVD Player
to a TV which does not have a Scart socket.

As I don't have a DVD player I haven't a clue. I would guess
that a DVD player would not have a RF output.

Can anyone help? I think it is a Xmas gift idea for a
teenagers bedroom and the TV is fairly basic / old

I have just done this for a friend, going via a video recorder. The
Scart output from the DVD goes to the Scart input of the video, and
the RF output from the video goes to the television. You have to
select EXT2 or AV2 as the input channel for the video. Obviously the
quality isn't as good as having a Scart connection all the way, but
it's adequate.

PhilG