Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default Swamp cooler noise

Oren wrote in
:

On 8 Jun 2015 17:54:33 GMT, KenK wrote:

Oren wrote in
news:lbo6naldatl5a3rpii0rh0srbh2s7eh9fn@ 4ax.com:

On 6 Jun 2015 13:36:15 GMT, KenK wrote:

I think you are right - just ignore it.

I'm of the option that if you hit yourself in the head with a
hammer, the noise won't bother you - LOL!

A sledge or a plain old ball peen?

Depends on the severity of one's affliction. Do you still have a
bothersome noise?

Ran it for 8 or 9 hours yesterday. Quiet as a lamb. Or a clam. Or
something not very noisy.

I getting suspicious about that water pump I removed again, though it
did buzz once with the new pump. Nothing makes sense anymore. sigh
Why me?

Why you? Heck if I know; unless it is a swamp cooler conspiracy
against elderly people

Is there loose calcium in the pan, being drawn into the pump?

No, just cleaned it all out when I prepped it a few months ago. Now
discovered I am getting poor water delivery to pads - half the lines are
just dripping. I must have skipped that prep step. Meant to get up about
5AM and work on it while it's cool but was raining this morning. Supposed
to be clear tomorrow. I suspect the hose from pump to water divider (I
call it a spider). It's very old and may be coming apart inside.

If it
cools - go chase you some gals.

They run too fast. And when one slows down for me I forget why I was
chasing her. Been too long.