Sam Goldwasser

Default Zienth Vertical Squish (How do I find and test the Capacitor?)

"Kevin Cornwell" writes:

Ok... Pulled out a Nichicon 4.7uf 315v 105 C capacitor (H9112) and it
tested bad. Any recommendations on where to find a replacement? How
critical is the voltage for match up purposes? I cannot find this
particular unit. In fact the closest I could find was a 4.7uf 400v. Help
please...

That would be fine. The 105 degree C would be desirable though.

In general, an electrolytic cap can be replaced with one that is modestly
higher without any problems as long as it fits. I wouldn't go 10 times
higher but up to at least 2X is OK.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page: http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work. To
contact me, please use the Feedback Form at repairfaq.org. Thanks.