Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default Making replacement Aluminum Frame Window Screens

On 6/3/2015 2:33 PM, wrote:
Posted June 3, 2015

I have aluminum storm windows on my house. The windows are fine, but the
screens are lousy. The aluminum screen frames were made of aluminum that
was apparently too flimsy.

But where would I find this channel stock (and corner pieces) to make
new screens? As long as the thickness is correct for my windows, any
style will work. The screen itself as well as the rubber bead is
available at any hardware store.

If you have a good neighborhood hardware store, they'll most likely
stock it. Otherwise, most of the big box stores carry it, too: Home
Depot, Menards, etc. You can find it online, but it's cheaper to buy
locally.