Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do they make a Corrosion Contact Cleaner for autos

On Monday, June 1, 2015 at 10:57:02 AM UTC-5, bob_villa wrote:
On Monday, June 1, 2015 at 10:41:43 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, June 1, 2015 at 10:23:26 AM UTC-5, bob_villa wrote:
On Monday, June 1, 2015 at 10:08:07 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, June 1, 2015 at 8:22:02 AM UTC-5, bob_villa wrote:
On Monday, June 1, 2015 at 7:14:40 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
I used to use it to start cars that had a wet distributer. I pop off the distributor cap wash it out with WD-40, reinstall the distributor cap and the car would then start.

...not too many yrs back, WD used propane to pressurize the can....which could have blown the distributor cap sky high! *L*

I thought it was butane propellant after Freon which was outlawed because it murdered cute little ozones. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Blast Monster

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/199...ched-live-wire

That story is from 1996. The propellant used in WD-40 now is CO2. I would also question whether a reporter knows the difference between butane and propane. It's like seeing them write about"silicone" calling it"silicon". I'd like to see a gal with silicon breast implants. 8-)

http://www.wd40.com.au/wd-40_faqs

[8~{} Uncle Propane Monster

The old MSDS sheet says: "Liquefied Petroleum Gas (propane, n-butane) or Isobutane propellant", so we both could be considered correct, I guess...

I still wanna see silicon breast implants. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Silicone Monster