Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default Do they make a Corrosion Contact Cleaner for autos

Posted May 29, 2015

Under my truck there are a few cables with plugs. One goes to the
transfer case for the 4WD, which controls the lights to indicate it's in
4WD. The contacts are corroded.

In all the years I have worked on autos, there was never any real good
solution. Thin files, a small piece of sandpaper, scraping with a small
pocket knife blade, etc. None of these fixes seems to do a good job, or
last long.

With all the sprays and chemicals they come out with all the time, I'm
wondering if they have come out with some sort of spray cleaner....
Anyone know?????

Thanks