Posted to alt.home.repair
Seymore4Head Seymore4Head is offline

Default (OT) Are there any *NEWS* Websites that still post photos?

On Wed, 27 May 2015 11:18:41 -0400, Seymore4Head
wrote:

On Wed, 27 May 2015 05:24:26 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 1:27:49 AM UTC-4, wrote:

I never heard of feedly before, but as soon as I went to feedly.com, I
had one of those Captcha things shoved in my face. I have a policy. If a
site thinks I have time to waste filling out their fu###ng Captcha
things, just to view their site, they can shove their site up some dark
hole where the sun never shines. I simply refuse to go to the site of
any site requiring a captcha. I have never opened one of them, and never
will. If they want to drive people away, they are succeeding and with
any luck, their advertisers will dump them flat on their ass. Those
captchas win the award for the most assinine thing ever done on the
internet. I can understand signing up, or proving it's a real person, to
POST to a website, but just to view it, *NOT*. I refuse to play their
harassment game. I figure any site that uses those captchas is not worth
even going to in the first place....

Just for the heck of it, I went to the feedly.com website and poked
around a bit, searched, looked at stuff. It didn't require me to
enter any captcha code. I've
seen on rare occasions where you need to do that to access the website,
search it, etc. But in my experience, 95% of the time, captch is only
used if you want to post, create an account, etc. And they do that to
stop bots from slamming the website.

I don't mind the captcha concept. What I can't stand is that some of
them have gotten so hard that what they put up there, I can't figure
out what the blurried, disfigured characters are supposed to be.
Sometimes I have to try 3 or 4 times to get one that I can decipher.

If you get feedly installed, the hard part can be to find other sites
of interest.

Here is a screenshot of mine. This is way too much news to keep up
with in one day. I skip 15 out of 20 headlines most if the time. But
sometimes I still run out of stuff to read. I really enjoy reading.
Stupid stuff gets about as must priority as News.

http://imgur.com/dwSZNya