Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Franklin[_2_] Paul Franklin[_2_] is offline

Default (OT) Are there any *NEWS* Websites that still post photos?

On Tue, 26 May 2015 22:05:44 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 26 May 2015 22:51:04 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/26/2015 4:22 PM,
wrote:

Anyhow, is there any site that still shows the daily news in a
"newspaper" style, neaming text and photos only?

And no, I dont use Facebook or other social media garbage....

Have you tried the local newspaper? I can get the exact digital edition
of the printed paper as well as other photos.

This is a very small rural town, so the local newspaper only comes out
once a week, and you cant view it online until the next edition comes
out. But they dont cover much national news anyhow. However, your
suggestion is a good one. I'll google to get a large city newspaper from
one of the flooded states. Thanks!

Take a look at
http://news.myway.com/

It's not newspaper style, but it has headlines, brief text-only
summary, and one small photo per headline. When you click on a
headline, more text only detail and perhaps a photo or two is shown.
No videos, no pop-ups, and can be customized to focus on news area and
items that most interest you. You can tell which local areas you are
interested in and it willl include local news from that area.

Paul F.