Bill Bolle

Default broken Toshiba remote control?

happy150 wrote:
I have a Toshiba television model number CZ27T31. Yesterday I tried to turn
on the television using the remote control but it would not turn on. By
pressing the button on the television it turned on and off. With the same
remote control I am able to turn on and off the Toshiba VCR. I tried to use
another Toshiba remote control used for another VCR and it did not work. I
pulled out the batteries from the remote and disconnected the television
from the electrical outlet. Later on that day I was able to use the remote
to turn on the television but today I am not able to. I would appreciate
information to fixed the problem?

Thank you,
Tony

Somethings you might think about--------Look at the infrared diode on
the remote, is it dirty? Look at the infrared detector on the TV, is
it dirty? Will the remote work at night, maybe there is a source of
infrared that is overpowering the detector on the TV, maybe sunlight
falling on the TV. The other Toshiba remote may not have been
programmed for your TV. Batteries? These are simple things that I
would try first before digging into circuitry.

Bill