Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tire black

On Mon, 18 May 2015 15:39:46 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 18 May 2015 11:01:01 -0700 (PDT), herb white
wrote:

I need to dress up the rubber floor mat in a golf cart.
What does anyone think about using some thinned latex black paint.

I'd probably just use some black spray paint. I saw some young guy spray
paint colored stripes on the tires of his demo derby car. It seemed to
hold up well. I'm not suggesting it, but after spinning around that
muddy demo track, and crashing into all the cars, the paint appeared to
hold up well.

Another thought is that "Flex Seal" stuff they advertise on tv, but it's
costly.... And then there's truck bed liner spray...... just a thought!

Just get the McGuires tire-black or dupli-colour vinyl/carpet dye.
Or Turtle Wax Endura-shine, or use black liquid shoe polish, or black
vinyl top dressing, or Mother's Back-to-Black tire dressing.

If you can't find the stuff you are not looking hard enough or in the
right place.