Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tire black

Years ago there was a product called tire black. It was a kinda thin black paint and was used on anything made of rubber. It worked pretty good. I don`t think it is made anymore---I can`t find it anywhere. The stuff in the squirt bottles looks good for a very little while and then it`s gone. I need to dress up the rubber floor mat in a golf cart. What does anyone think about using some thinned latex black paint. Or any other suggestions...Herb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 18 May 2015 11:01:01 -0700 (PDT), herb white
wrote:

Years ago there was a product called tire black. It was a kinda thin black paint and was used on anything made of rubber. It worked pretty good. I don`t think it is made anymore---I can`t find it anywhere. The stuff in the squirt bottles looks good for a very little while and then it`s gone. I need to dress up the rubber floor mat in a golf cart. What does anyone think about using some thinned latex black paint. Or any other suggestions...Herb

Would this help? _Meguiars Ultimate Black Tire Coating_

http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-tire-coating.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I need to dress up the rubber floor mat in a golf cart.
What does anyone think about using some thinned latex black paint.

I'd probably just use some black spray paint. I saw some young guy spray
paint colored stripes on the tires of his demo derby car. It seemed to
hold up well. I'm not suggesting it, but after spinning around that
muddy demo track, and crashing into all the cars, the paint appeared to
hold up well.

Another thought is that "Flex Seal" stuff they advertise on tv, but it's
costly.... And then there's truck bed liner spray...... just a thought!

Posted to alt.home.repair

herb white wrote:
Years ago there was a product called tire black. It was a kinda thin
black paint and was used on anything made of rubber. It worked pretty
good. I don`t think it is made anymore---I can`t find it anywhere. The
stuff in the squirt bottles looks good for a very little while and then
it`s gone.
I need to dress up the rubber floor mat in a golf cart.
What does anyone think about using some thinned latex black paint. Or any
other suggestions...Herb

I just scrubbed mine down with murphys oil soap.

Greg

Old Coats Tire Man manual tire changer oldjag Metalworking 19 November 29th 19 12:18 AM
Sulphur Black 2BR 200%,Sulphur Black B 200%,Solubilised Sulphur Black,Liquid Sulphur Black renjiang Metalworking 2 November 12th 08 05:33 PM
"Black! Black! It's all Black!" - flooring advice needed please! Umgall UK diy 7 February 2nd 07 03:50 PM
Making black granite black Apropos Home Repair 2 March 17th 06 11:02 PM
CASSWELL COLD BLACK OXIDE WAS Black Oxide "how to"?? in a small scale Pedroman Metalworking 1 February 17th 04 04:48 PM