Fabio Totaro

Default tv repairable or not

I believe that any honest tv technician can fixit very quickly for a
reasonable small amount (of bucks..).
Most likely some soldering joint has wear out due to the electromigration
effect of the high current path over the
tin and lead soldering alloy. Quite a common problem.
Cheers,
Fabio

"Geoff.C" ha scritto nel messaggio
Our tv occasionally only displays a bright white line directly across the
middle of the screen when turned on.Sometimes if you just leave it on , it
eventually comes good.This is happening more frequently by the month , to
the point where it happens 2 out of 3 times (who said it aint bad).What is
the electronical diagnosis and is it worth having it repaired?It's worth a
few quid($1000 AUD),a 68 cm job,with teletext and stereo of course and as

is
always the case,it's past the 5 year extended warranty by about 10
months.Please tell me i can get it repaired for $1-200 and i will be a

happy
chappy even if tvs are incredibly cheap at the moment.