Clifton T. Sharp Jr.

Default "Y1" component designation?

Asimov wrote:
Thanks, you are right there, I mixed the 2 a bit, though I think the
main difference between them is that a ceramic filter simply gets an
extra pin attached to it. I experimented with this and found a filter
will work as a resonnator if the middle pin is just left floating.
However, I don't recall if the design frequency was affected. Does it?

Beware the faulty memory, but if I recall right a filter can have more
than one resonator element. I suspect the caps might have a small effect
(there's a cap from each resonator lead to the common IIRC) but it
shouldn't throw things off wildly; if you were going for that much
precision you'd have used crystals.

--
All relevant people are pertinent.
All rude people are impertinent.