Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default OT Tires only go in one direction

Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 2:26:54 PM UTC-5, J Burns wrote:
On 5/10/15 2:22 PM, micky wrote:
On Sun, 10 May 2015 11:10:34 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 10 May 2015 14:06:55 -0400, J Burns
wrote:

On 5/10/15 1:45 AM, micky wrote:
OT I ended up with a pair of tires that only go in one direction.

You must park on the street. I have a driveway. I couldn't use tires
that only go in one direction.

Sure you could. The tires only go in one direction at a time.

No, he's right. If someone ever gets his car stuck like this, he can
lengthen the driveway and make it circular. They have 24-hour paving
companies for that reason.

After they told me I was no longer welcome at school, I began flashing
my diploma so people would know I'd been honorably discharged.
Everybody thought I'd be perfect in the heat-treating pit at a knife
plant. All day long, I'd load about 1600 pounds of blades onto a
300-pound cart, push them up a steep concrete ramp, and unload them.

A lot of cars didn't weigh much more than my loaded cart. When somebody
parked in my way and I couldn't get the door open, I'd pick it up and
move it. I had a little secret: don't try to pick up both ends at the
same time.

Picking up a car by the bumper hurt my fingers because I didn't own
gloves. As long as I didn't get blisters, I figured it was okay. Bumpers
are so flimsy these days that I wouldn't dare try to turn my car around
in my driveway that way.

I had a little rear engined car that weighed 1,730lbs and I could pick it up by the front bumper and drag it around. Of course that was 40 years ago and I can't even walk right now. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Crippled Monster

Are your feet no directional now?