Posted to alt.home.repair
Nope Nope is offline

Default Amarr vs Clopay garage door

On Wednesday, September 13, 2006 at 8:36:19 AM UTC-5, Art wrote:
Check your phone book to see if Wayne Dalton store is in your area. They
make superior doors. Lowes may carry them but in my experience WD will sell
it installed cheaper than Lowes. Also they have a neat opener that fits
over the door instead of needing a track across the ceiling.

Superior? LOL Wayne Dalton makes the worst doors in the market. I've been doing doors for decades and have seen it all. You can't tell me that a door with PLASTIC drums, Internal springs (aka very low cycle) paper backing and outright FALSE R value claims makes a good door.(Its an R 3 for 80% of the door, but in 2" per panel has a thick rib section with an R20 or something like that, so they give it the "average" R value, even though the huge majority of the door is an R3...) Not to mention the opener you reference is also the most unreliable on the market.

I have no doubt you work for Wayne Dalton since they are the ONLY people who recommend that junk, anyone who does this for a living wouldn't never put one in their own homes