Asimov

Default "Y1" component designation?

"Clifton T. Sharp Jr." bravely wrote to "All" (17 Aug 03 10:18:28)
--- on the topic of " "Y1" component designation?"

CTSJ From: "Clifton T. Sharp Jr."

CTSJ Asimov wrote:
A ceramic resonnator tends to have 3 pins though some only have 2.

CTSJ I could be wrong, but I was led to believe that resonators have two,
CTSJ and ceramic filters have three.

Thanks, you are right there, I mixed the 2 a bit, though I think the
main difference between them is that a ceramic filter simply gets an
extra pin attached to it. I experimented with this and found a filter
will work as a resonnator if the middle pin is just left floating.
However, I don't recall if the design frequency was affected. Does it?

Asimov
******

.... I worked hard to attach the electrodes to it.