DaveC

Default "Y1" component designation?

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 18:36:35 -0700, Michael Black wrote
(in message ):

Now, if I remember your original post, it sure sounds like a ceramic
resonator. I'd say they are interchangeable with crystals (or vice
versa), given the issue of those external capacitors.

There are no caps in this oscillator circuit. The resonator has a 33 ohm (or
22; I can't tell if those are red or orange stripes) resistor connecting each
of its 2 pins to ground. One end of the resonator also connects directly to a
pin of the microcontroller. The other end connects via a 1M ohm resistor to
another pin of the microcontroller.

Given this circuit, can I replace the resonator with a crystal? Such as:

http://www.jameco.com/cgi-
bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/jameco/searchResult.d2w/report?sort=BPA&search=137816
cd

Thanks,
--
Dave C.