DaveC

Default "Y1" component designation?

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 15:15:02 -0700, Asimov wrote
(in message ):

"Andrew Rossmann" bravely wrote to "All" (16 Aug 03 07:52:40)
--- on the topic of " "Y1" component designation?"

I don't thing the Y prefix is for a crystal. Like was stated I thought
it was for a resonnant filter, i.e ceramic or other type. These tend to
have 3 legs instead of a crystal's 2.

These resonnators are often used to replace a tuned coil because they
are a lot smaller, have a high Q, and can be more accurate without
requiring any tuning adjustment.

Now I (OP) am confused. It's not a crystal. I thought a ceramic resonator has
only 2 leads, while a filter has more(?)

But you say (I think you did...) that it is a filter.

Can you clarify a little?
--
Dave C.