Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Record number of Americans trading electric cars for SUVs ...

On 4/27/2015 8:27 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Not only that but it also much less efficient as a fuel. When I got
my last vehicle, it was Flex Fuel meaning I could use E85. I thought
with that so much cheaper it must be a good thing. When I did my
research, every one in the auto mags who did a comparison found that you
got much fewer MPG than with "regular" fuel. Doing the math, the loss in
the percentage of fuel economy was more than the cheapness of the fuel.
My experience (and that of most of the things on line) was that it was
actually MORE expensive to use E85.

In or area, winter gas has 10% methanol and I lose about 2 mpg with it.
Some poor cow could be eating that corn and making me a steak!