Posted to alt.home.repair
J0HNS0N J0HNS0N is offline

Default Record number of Americans trading electric cars for SUVs ...

trader_4 wrote:

I can see an electric being a good choice for a second car that
is used locally, for commuting to the train station work days,
etc.

I kept my last second car (2004 Buick Century) for ten years. With
current battery technology I probably would have had to replace the
battery at least once during that time at a cost of several thousand
dollars. My current second car (2014 Honda Civic) gets 30+ MPG and
cost 10K less than the Prius. Perhaps when the ten years is up on this
car things will have changed enough that an electric car will make
more sense to me.