Trevor Budd

Default Contemplating unvented Indirect hot water upgrade

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:06:25 -0000, "vortex2"
wrote:

Hi,

I'm seriously contemplating upgrading my domestic h/w supply to use a modern
indirect unvented cylinder.

Goal is to increase pressure, eliminate requirement for a power shower, make
space for an attic conversion (through elimination of header tank) and
generally apply 21st century technology instead of 19th.

Any opinions on relative merits of the various brands out there? ARISTON,
ALBION, TITAN, HEATRAE, SANTON or others?

Any horror stories worth sharing?

David

David,

I had an Albion Stainless 150ltr unvented cylinder fitted on Friday.

I'd recommend it - lots of piping hot water at high pressure.

The Albion Stainless isn't pre-plumbed with all the valves and
fittings so it took my plumber a while to pipe it up. He made a very
neat job of it though.

I understand that the Titan Flomaster and Heatrae Sadia Megaflo are
pre-plumbed which may make for an easier installation.

Trevor.