Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Brake retarders may not be used in this town

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 21:11:35 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 04/13/2015 02:20 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
We have some of those ramps along I-68 in western Maryland. I wonder how they get the truck back off the ramp once it's stopped.

One or more wreckers. I don't mean your little tow trucks. These are
Class 8 trucks with the winches and equipment to handle tractor
trailers. If you look, there are usually stanchions to chain the wrecker
to.

There is a series on the Weather Channel called "Highway Thru Hell"
about a company that does rescue and towing. They have one rig called
a Rotator that costs close to $1million. Amazing how they handle some
of the wrecks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_Thru_Hell

http://highwaythruhell.discovery.ca/