Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default painting with a garden sprayer

On 4/13/15 8:31 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 4/13/2015 12:38 PM, J Burns wrote:
Come to think of it, every time I've painted from a can, it has been too
thick at the bottom. I guess it doesn't get properly mixed in a can. If
I ladle it into a plastic tub, it may be a little thicker at the bottom,
but it's not so bad.

If I mixed it really well, with a power stirrer in a bowl-shaped
container, I wonder how long the pigment would stay evenly distributed.

I'd expect you would need to mix within the original
can, as the heavier pigment would settle to the bottom
of the original can. If you pour some into a bowl,
it will be the solvent, and less pigment.

It will start settlling immediately.

I'll scrape it out with a rubbery spatula. I'll go to the corner store
and buy a spatula and a salad bowl. Maybe I should buy a chef's hat so
I won't look funny painting from a salad bowl.

Maybe I should install a battery-powered paint stirrer in the bottom of
the bowl to keep the pigment from settling.