Posted to alt.home.repair

Default painting with a garden sprayer

On 4/13/2015 3:33 AM, J Burns wrote:
On 4/13/15 1:50 AM, wrote:

I had a louver door to paint and I had no interest in doing this with
a brush. I cut the latex paint 50/50 with water and shot on several
light coats. I was using a cup gun but I see no reason why a pump
sprayer wouldn't work.
I think you just had it too thick.

My scheme had been to use a sprayer to get the paint in position to
brush. Now I want to try your method!

The one time I painted a shed, I used a trim roller
from Home Depot. Rollers were about five inches long,
and foam. Handle was about 16 inches long. Just dip
the whole roller in the paint can (no need for a tray).
The job went faster than I thought.

-
..
Christopher A. Young