Jerry G.

Default Sony TV stereo / mono fluctuation problems

You must first make sure that this is not a reception problem. If it is
not a reception problem, the fault may be with the MTS decoder module in
the set. Depending on the model of Sony, this can be a small LSI
daughter board that must be changed. It is also possible that a sound IF
problem can cause this type of fault as well.

Check the reception before giving the set for service.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm
"Simon" wrote in message
om...
Hello

I am having sound problems with my Sony TV (model KV-X2582U).
Admittedly it's about 8 years old now but the problem has only
occurred relatively recently. In stereo mode, the sound keeps flicking
between stereo and mono, and while I can change it to mono in the
sound adjustment menu, if I change channels or switch the TV off, it
goes back to stereo mode. The problem occurs regardless of what
channel I'm watching.

What I need to know is: is this a problem with my TV, or the aerial? I
am thinking about getting a digital box - will this solve the problem?

Or, (more drastically), is there any way of permanently setting the
sound to mono?

Thanks