Nigel

Default Sony TV stereo / mono fluctuation problems

Assuming that there's no actual fault, NICAM stereo sound usually drops out
due to either signal strength, or something affecting the signal going into
the TV - for example if the TV is fed by a video recorder.

Is it connected to a video, if so how, and have you tried bypassing any
other equipment and connecting directly to the aerial socket ?

If the set has teletext, is your teletext reception normal, or are you
getting dropouts or random characters on screen ?

Does your sound problem apply equally on all channels, and does it only
occur on TV channels, or also via the SCART connector ?

"Simon" wrote in message
om...
Hello

I am having sound problems with my Sony TV (model KV-X2582U).
Admittedly it's about 8 years old now but the problem has only
occurred relatively recently. In stereo mode, the sound keeps flicking
between stereo and mono, and while I can change it to mono in the
sound adjustment menu, if I change channels or switch the TV off, it
goes back to stereo mode. The problem occurs regardless of what
channel I'm watching.

What I need to know is: is this a problem with my TV, or the aerial? I
am thinking about getting a digital box - will this solve the problem?

Or, (more drastically), is there any way of permanently setting the
sound to mono?

Thanks