Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phil Hobbs Phil Hobbs is offline

Default 4 channel oscilloscopes - what are they good for?

On 08/18/2015 04:07 AM, gregz wrote:
Cursitor Doom wrote:
Hi all,

I've currently got 13 scopes of various types; most of 'em vintage. I
like it that way, old stuff. But it's far too many scopes in all honesty,
all taking up valuable space. One of the candidates for selling-off is a
4 channel Philips job (plain analogue). I can't remember ever having had
a need for examining 4 signals at once, but thought I'd better check with
the Panel first, just in case its a rare and valuable beast and nothing
else will do for some obscure application that may well crop up as soon
as I no longer have it around.
So... get rid or hang on?

I know I have looked at more than two channels. I had one scope with a
total of six channels. 2 plus 4 ch plugins. These were low bandwidth, so I
think it was more like looking at data logging events,

Greg

The Tek 11801 series has four slots, each of which can take a
dual-channel plug-in. Plus there's an expansion unit (SM-11) that will
take 16 more plug-ins (multiple units can get you up to 136 channels).
So there's life after two-channel scopes.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs