Simon

Default Sony TV stereo / mono fluctuation problems

Hello

I am having sound problems with my Sony TV (model KV-X2582U).
Admittedly it's about 8 years old now but the problem has only
occurred relatively recently. In stereo mode, the sound keeps flicking
between stereo and mono, and while I can change it to mono in the
sound adjustment menu, if I change channels or switch the TV off, it
goes back to stereo mode. The problem occurs regardless of what
channel I'm watching.

What I need to know is: is this a problem with my TV, or the aerial? I
am thinking about getting a digital box - will this solve the problem?

Or, (more drastically), is there any way of permanently setting the
sound to mono?

Thanks