Sofie

Default Magnavox TV Picture Looks Scrambled

Randy Henson / Vince:

Actually the 100uf @ 200V cap that usually causes this problem is NOT found
in the Horizontal Output Circuit but rather it is in the power supply
circuitry..... this cap is located near the center/rear of the circuit board
near the heat-sink for the for the 5 pin power supply B+ regulator.
While inside the television there are several other common faults with this
chassis that usually need attention: Near the suspect 100 uf capacitor are
several power resistors that get very warm, so they usually have cracked,
dry, faulty solder connections than need re-soldering..... and it is a very
good idea to resolder the 4 pins to the H-drive transformer.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Vince and Marge" wrote in message
check the 100 mfd cap on the horozantal output circuit.
vince
"Randy Henson" wrote in message
om...
I have a magnavox 25 inch color tv (model 25P615-00AA), and in the
past couple of days it's started having picture trouble. Basically
the picture looks scrambled, after a few minutes it clears up (seems
to take longer to unscramble each time we turn it on). It's like it
has to warm up or something. Audio is fine. We haven't moved it or
anything, it just started happening.

Any help will be appreciated on what part may be causing this.

thanks
Randy