Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave M[_3_] Dave M[_3_] is offline

Default Radio Shack Model 277-1008 Mini Amplifier For Person with Disability: Where To Get Now

Search for Personal Amplifier on Amazon.com. There are several there that
have builtin microphones, but use earphones instead of a builtin speaker.
Prices are generally under $30.

My dad used one of those amplifiers for several years before his death.
Sorry, but it's long gone now, else I'd be glad to send it to you.

If you're into electronics kits, you might check out the kit at
http://www.bgmicro.com/KITMK136.aspx. Looks interesting, small enough to
put into a small box with a battery and carry in your shirt pocket. And
it's STEREO!!

Cheers,
Dave M

Bob wrote:
Hello,

Hoping someone here might know.

Have been using a Radio Shack Mini Amplifier Model No. 277-1008
for many years to help out a person with a disability.
Really important for them

As no longer a R/S, have been trying to find who might actually
make/made this unit, and/or who might still be carrying them.

Anyone have any ideas where I can purchase a few.

Much hanks,
Bob