Jeff Soergel

Default Sony KV27V55 help

Make sure you use Sony original parts. Non Sony's can work for a short time
and then blow. You can call Fulton Radio to order Sony service manuals and
parts.

"Harry B." wrote in message
.com...
My Sony KV27V55 has quit!! While watching the TV the screen suddenly

started
to shrink from the right side. About 10 seconds after this started, the

set
turned off. I found Q601 & Q602 in the switchmode PS shorted as well as an
open R607. I replaced those components as well as VDR601,602 & 603. Also,
just to be safe replaced the H.O.T. The set powered-up and ran great for
about 10 minuted and quit. Again Q601 & 602 & R607 failed. Obviously, I

did
not find the root cause of the initial failure. I sure could use some
suggestions from someone who knows these sets. Also schematics would be of
great help.
Thanks in advance,
Harry