Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default CRC ELECTRONICS CLEANER

On Fri, 24 Jul 2015 19:56:45 -0700 (PDT), Phil Allison
wrote:

** CRC QD appears to be a new product, going by the date on the MSDS sheet.

I've been using it for at least 10 years, so it's not a new product.
However, there may have been changes in formulation, or MSDS reporting
requirements.

The stuff is however highly flammable, even explosive so no smoking while using it!

I was using it to clean connectors under the hood of my truck. The
engine was still warm. I managed to spray some on the engine, but saw
no flames or smoke. The flash point of naphatha is 225C. I've
measured 250C exhaust manifold temperature on my former truck, so I
guess it's possible to create an explosion. This engine went to 425C
and would certainly ignite the fumes:
http://joyreactor.com/post/1548773

--
Jeff Liebermann