Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Keyboards/Electric Pianos

wrote in message

"By and large they are NOT interchangeable at all. Every manufacturer

pretty much uses a different design. "

Found one for a slightly different model :

https://syntaur.com/Items/4822.html

Problem is I need the 13 section one and this is the 12. they are out of
stock on the 13. But I was about to cut the original anyway and move the bad
one all the way to the end. I could just use any of the good ones for the
end. Once back into it I will look and see if this is possible, like they
don't have locating bosses or anything that would stop it or require more
modification.

Also the problem is that you will find just about all of them are for a
slightly different model.

Beats me how Syntaur can offer a random strip for sale without even saying
what they can actually be used on.
It's a bit like selling a "4 cylinder head gasket".

Whilst you're in there, you really should swap the most worn strips with the
least worn ones.
Sometimes a failed note is a combination of worn contact strip AND worn
contact PCB.
(a different contact strip also may have worn in a slightly different place)

Gareth.