Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andre Majorel Andre Majorel is offline

Default Keyboards/Electric Pianos

On 2015-07-22, wrote:
"In my experience, it's hard work to find anything in the
retrosynth.com archives, even when you already know it's there.
Don't focus on the archives, subscribe to the lists and ask. "

Yet another subscription. Ugh.

I'd ask the question for you but the email account I use for
these is on the blink ATM. Sorry.

I might do it anyway. Do I need to make a new email for it ?
(because of spam)

Probably. The list admins are not spammers but if you post, your
address WILL end up in some spammers' list. Either lifted off
some web archive which doesn't obfuscate email addresses or
simply because some other subscriber's computer has been hacked.

Although I do have an idea. Ever use the search function in IE
? Could use very general search terms and let it give ne a
kagillion answers and then use the browser's search function
to search through that.

Yes. Nice to be able to download everything and search locally.

And if I do end up joining, what did you mean not to post
through "nibbles" or whatever ? Do they frown on that like
some here do on gmailers ?

I think nabble.com has a web interface that you can use to post
to the lists it archives. Apparently, it makes a mess of
threads. As if we didn't get enough of that already with buggy,
misconfigured or misused mailers.

Also, posting HTML to synth-diy won't work (thankfully).

I might do that, but I think for $11 it might be worth the
risk to just get the one I found. On a full size keyboard, the
keys are always the same space apart. They would have had to
go to great lengths to make them ALL not fit each other.

Of course this will not be the last time on things like this.
So I do need to expaand my rsources. thanks for the link
whether I ever really join or not. I might just learn how to
search it. If I do I'll let you know.

If you're feeling brave, you can try Bob Weigel's site
http://sounddoctorin.com/. It's a mess but he has some keyboard
parts for sale and synth servicing information.

Good luck.

Why do blogs do that ? Sort by date but no tree. And no
options. Well maybe that is all they could do. I dunno. It is
more than I could do, I am a NON-programmin' mofo. And, if
they accept money who knows what you can do then.

It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his
salary depends upon his not understanding it. -- Upton Sinclair