Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default CRC ELECTRONICS CLEANER

On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 15:55:54 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sunday, July 19, 2015 at 12:32:42 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 04:36:20 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

DOES CRC leave a residue causing problems with soldering the cleaned area ?

CRC Industries is a company, not a product.
http://crcindustries.com/auto/
Kindly supply the name or number of the CRC automotive solvent that
you're using to clean up your soldering. Then check the MSDS listing
for any oils or additives that might consititute a residue.

The ELECTRONICS CLEANER's msds lists no silicone or...but yes there is a naptha of unknown character.

What's the name or product number?

CRC prob has the ground covered for soldering but jus' wondering you know.

I'm also wondering why it's so difficult to extract the name or
product number from you.

I'm using this CRC for lubing lugnut studs when changing tires. The solder is on a relay board for aux PITA in my E250.

If your unspecified product is a lubricant, then it has some kind of
lubricant residue. Methinks that would be a bad idea for cleaning off
the flux after soldering.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558