View Single Post
  #19   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster

Default Electric meter conversion to wireless, I doubt this could be safe

Lenny, I gotta admit that I am not quite with you on this. Just working on TVs we get bombarded. Take the aux input to an audio amp and touch your finger on it, you hear hum. So there's no current in it, and actually with RF there could be, but all the radio staitons with 50,000 watts, TV transmaitters up in the megawatts and all linds of other ****, we are so bambarded it is ridiculous.

I do respect your choice to endeavor to limit further exposure though. And perhaps it is time for the proverbial tinfoil hat. Not for you, but for the meter. BLocking the RF should force their hand somehow, and really there is no telling what their reaction will be. Concievably, in a place with a reall asshole government you might be charged with theft of service, which is a felony in most places these days.

I object to these meters on different grounds. First of all there is no accountability. they put in "smart reaad" water meters around here recently. I have heard horror stories about these from people in Canada already. The go hayware. The water company here is already notorious for overcharging, and the water bill is married to the house here. If the bill isn't paid, even if it is in error and they bil you $100,000 for three months of water for a house with two people living in it and no leaks, you gotta pay it. And it is insidious because a title search might not show a water bill because they don't bother to file a ien. bottom line, unitl the bill is paid, there will NEVER be water in that house again, ever. It has caused alot of **** around here.

But at least in the old days you could read your own meter. Our electric meters are still the old type. I can SEE when something is pullling power. With the old water meter I could see if there was a leak. If you suspect a leak you could just make it a point not to use any water for a time and see if the meter moves. I don't like not having that, and there is no accountability.

And let me tell you, on the political fora they make a big thing about vote fraud. The liberals seem to ant you to be able to vote without ID or anything, just walk in there I gues, as many times as you feel like, and the republicans claim there is so much vote fraud that they lose elections. **** it all because voters do not mean a ****ing thing because there is no paper trail. A few years ago anonymous claimed to have intercepted the data stream from the voting machines and indeed there was an irregular delay in that stream. So I don't care and I won't even bothr to vote because the people who wrote that software and/or can manipulate it have more to do with the outcome of an election than voters.

So now, we have an invisible system of keeping track of how n=much utilities you use. This gives an opportunity for theft. Did anyne notice what the banks did in 2008 ? That money went somewhere. Everybodt lost, except some gained. Oh yes, and then financial experts tell me it ain't so, so what that means is the money that is gone WAS NEVER THERE. If the banks will oie, and that is what it is, you think the electric company won't ? How about the phone company ? What are 900 lines ? They had sex lines forever, but you had to use a credit card. The 900 lines are so that anyone can make those calls from yuor phone and stick you with the bill. This happened to me, but my Father figured a way out of it. Told then the person who made those calls was under 18. Old and treacherous won over young and spunky.

But you cannot do that with utilities.

Next, they wwant you to autopay them from your bank account. Now you don't even see the bill. So if they bill you fifty grand in "error" they get to use that money for free all the time it takes you to sue them to get it back.. Plus if your bank account goes negative, they are not going to pay the overdraft charges.

We are back to the banks. I have seen people pay $500 for a $5 overdraft. Why the **** did the bank simply decline the payout ? Simple, because they make more money that way. This is how business is done these days. ANd now you HAVE to stay straight wiht the banks because so many companies will only pay by direct deposit. Or they will give you a prepaid debit card that is costs five or ten bucks in fees every time you use it. who gets that money ?

So, why all the push on to ake cash and checks out of the picture ? CONTROL.. They don't ant you to be able to buy a bag of weed. Shut down these damn garage sales where people pay no taxes. There are countries now that have almost eliminated cash. I wonder, do they have garage sales when they accumulate a bunch of stuff or is there simply no alternative to throwing it away ?

I am not saying it is a conspiracy but they do all seem to think alike and act accordingly, and in concert for their own profit. Not a conspiracy, buit one hell of a cooperation.

For electricity, bring me batteries every month. For water, bring the truck and fill my tank every once in a whole, same with gas. In fact that is how it was with coal furnaces, and to this day oil furnaces.

Anyway, now we go to the dark side. **** legal anymore because the laws are made by our enemies. Now that this is established we can move in to effective solutions. I know a racist ex-cop. Well maybe not all that racist, but he definitely did not like rap. He would take a stun gun to the radio antenna of the cars belonging to "cooties" as he called them. Yeah, that radio that went "BOOM mufuka BOOM mufuka BOOM mufuka" don't do that no mo. 9that guy killed more people than he can count)

A normal stun gun will penetrate most insulation.

I warn you now, you can probably get away with this once or twice, but after they replace the meter a few times they will investiigate and there will be evidence and you might be arrested. If you got a good lawyer you ight set a precedent. You destroyed someone else's property but they put in on your property without your permission, at least your EXPLICIT permission, which is a legal standard for many other things. It depends on where you are. I think in certain states like Arizona you would do well. And "Live free or die" is only a motto. Pannsylvania's state motto is "Virtue, libert and independence" but it was there that Dr Rodriguez was shot down in court summarily when he tried to get a variance on a state law prohibiting him from discussing the effects of fracking chemicals on his patients kidneys. He is a nephrlogist and has patients with kidney failure directly caused by exposure to fracking chemicals.

This i s our governemnt and it is like that at the federal level as well. Ever hear of the "Monsanto protection act" ? this is one of the richest families who woned alot of slaves back before the civil war. You think subsequent generations have been rehabilitated ? And this while they are trying to get the stars and bars banned. They cannot ban it, but they sure as hell can not use it. Just like pot. It will be legal but since you'll have to take a drug test to get a job flipping burgers, nobodyy will smoke it because they won't be able to afford it.

I am describing how corporate is taking over this country, and has been doing so for a long time. Seriously, I do not agree with your grounds for abjecting to these meters, but I do agree with the objection onb my own grounds which I hope are pretty clear now.

And sorry for the typos. My eyesight is that bad. It is getting almost impossible to work.