Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Matthew Fries Matthew Fries is offline

Default Power Supply For HP dv1040us Laptop

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 12:48:09 +0000 (UTC), "tb"
wrote:

Does anyone know if a novice armed with just a few Phillips
screwdrivers can easily replace the power supply of an HP dv1040us
laptop?

Where would I purchase such power supply?

Apparently mine has died and the laptop does not boot up. I cannot
hear the inside fans turning nor the hard drive spinning.

I just purchased a new power supply for my Toshiba Satellite laptop
from Amazon. Just do a search for power supply and your laptop model
number, and I'm sure you will get a bunch of hits. The price was very
low... $8. I have been using it for about a week now, and it seems OK.