Posted to rec.woodworking
Electric Comet Electric Comet is offline

Default when you know you should have hired a pro and free oak lumberand you cut and you haul

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 13:52:12 +0000 (UTC)
John McCoy wrote:

The one time I cut down a tree and it was important that it
fall in a particular direction, I tied a rope around it a
ways up the trunk, and used a pickup truck to keep tension
on it in the direction I wanted the tree to fall (having
made sure the rope was long enough that the tree didn't
fall on the truck, fortunately).

i saw a video where they did this sort of
the rope was not taught though they waited until tree was loose
i thought that the bumper was going to come off or some other mishap

it was more like a giant 25 foot stump
they cut it and store it for 10-15 years