Sarah

Default Teac Receiver No Sound

No sound on either channel, no sound through headphones.
"Sofie" wrote in message ...
Sarah:
Yea..... lots of suggestions, but I think you probably already know that we need MUCH MORE to go on than your original posting provided.
You really need to help us narrow things down a bit. Remember that you are our eyes and ears and you have the Teac Receiver right in front of you with your test equipment at it's side.
***What voltage measurements have you done?
B+ getting to the output stages?.... driver and preamp stages?
Protection circuitry? Speaker relay energizes? Shorted APO stage? DC on speaker rails before relay?
***What component tests have you done? transistors, diodes, capacitors, low-ohm resistors?
Inspection of circuit board.... visual observations .... solder connections?
***Tape monitor or adaptor switch(s) not accidentally left on.
***Missing Pre-amp/Power-amp jumpers?
No sound on all sources, some sources, both channels, one channel ???
***Is audio coming out of tape output jacks?
Do some detective work at your end and post the results and any and ALL pertinent troubleshooting details.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Sarah" wrote in message le.rogers.com...
Teac stereo receiver, Model AG-35 has power but no sound.
any suggestions?