Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default "hook & loop" system sucks!

Larry Blanchard wrote in news:mqil93$l76$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 07:30:54 -0700, admin wrote:

Was this really posted in '98?

Is it that this problem is solved and no-one has this problem still?

I seem to remember responding way back then. I've still got the same
Bosch sander I had then and I still haven't had to replace the pad!

Now that's remarkable. I have the PSA version of the sander,
and I have to replace pads every 4 or 5 years. The dense
foam rubber they're made of eventually gets crumbly.

Probably depends partly on how much you use it, and partly
on the climate (the local climate being hard on any sort of
plastic or rubber).

John